Beth Perkins is the Talent Acquisition Manager at Delphic Digital, a Philadelphia-based full service digital agency providing web design, web development, SEO, and online marketing services.
What you’ll learn from this podcast episode:
– What is ENPS (Employee Net Promoter Score) and how does it help to stay on the pulse of an organization?
– How HR should do the job of the role they want before it being handed to them.
– Why being open and honest about the biases hiring manager have and getting past them.
– Why an unlimited vacation policy can be both “friend and foe” to HR and the business overall.
– Why the marketing and HR departments should work closer together.
– Why hiring based on formal education or having majored in a specific area might not be the best idea.
– Why Beth hates the term “Culture fit” and why culture add is better than culture fit.
– Why it’s more important to hire people who will help create a positive culture over hiring a person you can have a beer with.
– What returning your shopping cart says about you.
– How HR can show value and ROI to the leadership team and company overall.
– How and why you should choose the culture that matches your company values.
– Why thinking about diversity goes above and beyond gender and ethnicity, but areas such as introvert versus extrovert.
– What Beth thinks about bread pudding and how she likes it made.
Find Beth and Delphic Online:
Delphic Digital Career Site http://www.delphicdigital.com/about/careers
Beth Perkins @ DisruptHR Philadelphia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAR42kjkzeo
College Majors versus Current Roles at Delphic Digital https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykT03X9fYg
Resources from the episode:
Buffer “CultureLab” podcast https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/buffer-culturelab/id1111778224?mt=2