Listen to Sam from Stitch on the Employee Cycle podcast discussing how removing unconscious bias and standardizing the hiring process can drive diversity.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What is a fair and transparent recruiting process, and how does it drive diversity?
- Why HR professionals at data-driven companies will become more data-driven themselves.
- How reflecting on your recruiting process can help identify which areas you’re downplaying that should get more attention, and also areas where you might be dropping the ball.
- How following a traditional recruiting process such as providing a resume creates unconscious bias.
- Why the Rooney Rule important, and how it drives diversity?
- How to make sure the recruiting process is the same for every candidate, regardless of their diversity.
- Why it’s important to recognize and understand how some employees have more privilege than others.
- How by simply rolling up your sleeves, and using a little bit of data, you can make your recruiting process more fair without spending a dime!