Learn from Talia that ping pong, pool tables and free lunch is NOT employee engagement.
Talia Edmundson is Director of HR @ Revzilla, a multi-million dollar online destination for premium motorcycle apparel, parts and accessories.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Employee engagement is more than just providing perks office perks.
- Engaging your employees means meeting them where they are.
- How and why working in HR in a startup can be totally different that working in a large corporation.
- Why you don’t need to be great in every area of HR to be successful in HR.
- When you’re hiring, never fall in love with a candidate that doesn’t call you back.
- Tips for going to school for HR.
- Why employees need to be retrained to work in an “online retail” world
- Why you HR title doesn’t matter as long as you’re good at your job!
Find Talia and Revzilla online:
Talia LinkenIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/taliaedmundson/
Talia Twitter: https://twitter.com/tgweeded
Revzilla careers: https://www.revzilla.com/careers
Talia presentation video @ DisruptHR Philadelphia https://vimeo.com/196300151