Learn from Talia that ping pong, pool tables and free lunch is NOT employee engagement.
Talia Edmundson is Director of HR @ Revzilla, a multi-million dollar online destination for premium motorcycle apparel, parts and accessories.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Employee engagement is more than just providing perks office perks.
- Engaging your employees means meeting them where they are.
- How and why working in HR in a startup can be totally different that working in a large corporation.
- Why you don’t need to be great in every area of HR to be successful in HR.
- When you’re hiring, never fall in love with a candidate that doesn’t call you back.
- Tips for going to school for HR.
- Why employees need to be retrained to work in an “online retail” world
- Why you HR title doesn’t matter as long as you’re good at your job!
Find Talia and Revzilla online:
Talia LinkenIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/taliaedmundson/
Talia Twitter: https://twitter.com/tgweeded
Revzilla careers: https://www.revzilla.com/careers
Talia presentation video @ DisruptHR Philadelphia https://vimeo.com/196300151
Resources from this episode:
- Steve Browne blog http://sbrownehr.com/
- Malcolm Gladwell 10,000 hours http://gladwell.com/outliers/the-10000-hour-rule/
About the host: Bruce is co-founder and CEO of the HR dashboard Employee Cycle. When Bruce is not helping HR executives better understand the story behind their workforce data, he’s serving as Board Chair of the non-profit youth coding program Coded By Kids, making fun playlists on Spotify, and hunting down the best bread pudding in whichever city he’s in.