Beth Perkins is the Talent Acquisition Manager at Delphic Digital, a Philadelphia-based full service digital agency providing web design, web development, SEO, and online marketing services.
What you’ll learn from this podcast episode:
– What is ENPS (Employee Net Promoter Score) and how does it help to stay on the pulse of an organization?
– How HR should do the job of the role they want before it being handed to them.
– Why being open and honest about the biases hiring manager have and getting past them.
– Why an unlimited vacation policy can be both “friend and foe” to HR and the business overall.
– Why the marketing and HR departments should work closer together.
– Why hiring based on formal education or having majored in a specific area might not be the best idea.
– Why Beth hates the term “Culture fit” and why culture add is better than culture fit.
– Why it’s more important to hire people who will help create a positive culture over hiring a person you can have a beer with.
– What returning your shopping cart says about you.
– How HR can show value and ROI to the leadership team and company overall.
– How and why you should choose the culture that matches your company values.
– Why thinking about diversity goes above and beyond gender and ethnicity, but areas such as introvert versus extrovert.
– What Beth thinks about bread pudding and how she likes it made.
Find Beth and Delphic Online:
Delphic Digital Career Site http://www.delphicdigital.com/about/careers
Beth Perkins @ DisruptHR Philadelphia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAR42kjkzeo
College Majors versus Current Roles at Delphic Digital https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykT03X9fYg
Resources from the episode:
Buffer “CultureLab” podcast https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/buffer-culturelab/id1111778224?mt=2
About the host: Bruce is co-founder and CEO of the HR dashboard Employee Cycle. When Bruce is not helping HR executives better understand the story behind their workforce data, he’s serving as Board Chair of the non-profit youth coding program Coded By Kids, making fun playlists on Spotify, and hunting down the best bread pudding in whichever city he’s in.