Listen to Sam from Stitch on the Employee Cycle podcast discussing how removing unconscious bias and standardizing the hiring process can drive diversity.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What is a fair and transparent recruiting process, and how does it drive diversity?
- Why HR professionals at data-driven companies will become more data-driven themselves.
- How reflecting on your recruiting process can help identify which areas you’re downplaying that should get more attention, and also areas where you might be dropping the ball.
- How following a traditional recruiting process such as providing a resume creates unconscious bias.
- Why the Rooney Rule important, and how it drives diversity?
- How to make sure the recruiting process is the same for every candidate, regardless of their diversity.
- Why it’s important to recognize and understand how some employees have more privilege than others.
- How by simply rolling up your sleeves, and using a little bit of data, you can make your recruiting process more fair without spending a dime!
How to find Sam and Stitch Online:
About the host: Bruce is co-founder and CEO of the HR dashboard Employee Cycle. When Bruce is not helping HR executives better understand the story behind their workforce data, he’s serving as Board Chair of the non-profit youth coding program Coded By Kids, making fun playlists on Spotify, and hunting down the best bread pudding in whichever city he’s in.