Listen to Jackie Linton, President of JL HR Solutions, discuss how companies need to hire better from overlooked population groups.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How and why certain population groups are overlooked by most employers.
- Why employers need to change their perception of criminal background or employment gaps during the hiring process.
- Why employers should focus more on the skills candidates have over their previous job history.
- Why job descriptions need to be consistently updated to be inclusive and make overlooked population groups feel welcome to apply.
- Why many employees from overlooked population groups have a higher appreciation of the job opportunity increasing retention.
- Why companies need to hire from overlooked population groups to remain competitive.
How to find Jackie online:
About Employee Cycle
Employee Cycle is changing the way HR leaders use data, beginning with transforming their disconnected employee data into a user-friendly, centralized, and real-time HR dashboard. This helps companies view, track and analyze their workforce data to avoid risks, save costs, and ultimately increase their employee lifetime value.