Paul Thoresen, an Industrial-Organizational Psychology practitioner, sits down with Salas in this episode of Employee Cycle.
Paul and Salas discuss
* the need for psychological safety and a learning environment in teams,
* how data can assure HR leaders a seat at the table,
* the process of critically incorporating scientific findings and best practices into your corporate workforce,
* how to reduce turnover by improving your on boarding process,
* how sports teams differ from corporate teams, and
* techniques from the software industry that can be applied across the corporate workforce.
Quotes from Paul in this episode:
“Employee surveys get a bad rap because people don’t know how to use the surveys. The key is to see the survey as a cycle.” – Paul Thoresen
“Most companies are sitting on reams of data. It’s important to sift through that and figure out what the important parts are.”
Recommended by Paul:
Find Paul on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulthoresen
and Twitter: @surveyguy2
Find Employee Cycle online at : https://employeecycle.com/
and on Twitter at : https://twitter.com/EmployeeCycle
Intro music from bensound.com
About the host: Salas Saraiya is co-founder of the HR dashboard Employee Cycle.