Listen to Gerry Brandon, Director of Graduate Programs in Human Resources at Villanova University, discuss the details and benefits of getting a graduate degree in HR.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What you will learn as a graduate student focusing on HR.
- Why you should get a graduate degree in HR in the first place.
- The key traits of someone who should work in HR.
- Why it’s important for HR professionals to not only understand HR, but the business as well.
- Whether or not you should have real-world experience before getting a graduate degree.
- The gap between what HR students are learning, and the expectations of the employer.
- How the emotional side of HR cannot be overlooked.
- The different between IO Psychology and HR.
- How globalization, technology and analytics have changed the HR curriculum focus.
- The definition of evidence-based HR and why it’s the future.