Listen to Karen Rice, VP of HR at Slickdeals, discuss the strategy for building your company’s first HR department.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why it’s important to interview as many employees as possible to understand everyone’s perspective of HR.
- Why it’s important to immediately be seen as an expert in the HR space to build trust and credibility.
- Why it’s important to align all HR efforts with a business case to get the resources and support to be successful.
- How to define a shared vision with the executive team for a successful HR department.
- How reporting to different stakeholders (ex: CEO, CFO, etc) may or may not change your job.
- Why it’s mission critical to track all your progress, and the processes you have created so that it’s repeatable.
- How to decide when it’s time to start adding more team members to your HR department.